[title-subtitle-heading subtitle=”Raw Choc and Almond”]Home Made Protein Bars[/title-subtitle-heading]
I recently went to the supermarket to buy some snacks and I noticed a popular muesli bar was on special, and in my tiredness didn’t read the ingredients. When I got home I check out the back to see raw sugar listed as number one!!! Now I am not I quit sugar fanatic but to the have the first two ingredients of the bar to be sugar and syrup, I wasn’t impressed
I have always wanted to make these. When I am super super lazy or busy I always reach for a bar and now that I have these in the freezer I have clean, sugar free bars on hand! This is a hands on recipe. It requires a lot of smooshing and squishing and is a lot of fun to make. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of oats (ground up in the blender) or shredded coconut if you are paleo
- 1 cup of brown rice puffs
- 3 serves of raw vegan brown rice protein
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter (can alternate with any other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil & 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon of cacao
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (cinnamon, oats, protein)
- Add 1/4 coconut oil, syrup, almond butter and seeds
- Mix around batter until it forms a dough
- Add teaspoons of water if batter is too dry
- Lay dough out in the tray and push down firmly
- Place in the fridge for 30 mins
- Place 2 melted Tablespoons of coconut oil and cacao together
- Swirl the raw chocolate mix over the cold bars in any pattern you desire.
- Slice up and enjoy as the perfect snack.
I cut this up into 8 bars and store these in the fridge or freezer.
Have fun guys xxx