[title-subtitle-heading subtitle=”This Recipe Will delight the biggest chocoholics”]Raw chocolate protein truffles[/title-subtitle-heading]
Ok, Now we are getting serious. I was flicking through the amazing Laura Millers webpage and found her Chocolate Truffles. I was so inspired I woke up extra early to make these and I have to confess this recipe is outstanding. I have slightly altered her original recipe to suit my hazelnut food crush. These guys make the perfect treat, and are a great snack to bring to a party or as a gift. They are super rich in flavour are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. The cacao is rich in antioxidants, the walnuts are filled with omega 3’s and the coconut oil is anti-bacterial.
- 1.5 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch vanilla powder, or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup/ agave
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 2 serves of protein powder
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup/ agave (optional)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- crushed hazelnuts to decorate with
- Place the walnuts in the blender and blend until roughly chopped
- Add the hazelnuts and coconut to the blender and blend until roughly combined
- Add the coconut oil, cacao, salt, vanilla, rice malt, maca and protein to the mix and pulse until combined
- Place the mix in a bowl and place in the fridge for 10 minutes (this allows the mixture to harden up and makes it easier to work with.
- Take the mixture out the fridge and roll into little truffle balls or whatever shape you desire.
For the raw chocolate:
- Melt the coconut oil in a bowl
- Add cacao and sweetener and vanilla
- Mix until well combined (some sweeteners are harder to blend then others)
- Take the cold balls from the fridge and dip them in the raw chocolate mix
- (I use a fork or a skewer to make the process a little easier)
- Sprinkle crushed hazelnuts over the dipped balls straight after dipping
- Place in the fridge to set and leave until served
Enjoy these bites of pure bliss and remember in moderation!