Sweet Potato Loaf (GF Goodness)
This is by far one of my classic recipes. I make this loaf at least once a week and eat it throughout the week. I absolutely adore sweet potato is a great source of B6, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Beta Carotenoids and they taste amazing. There are many different types of sweet potato, and I encourage you to play around with the different types in this recipe. This loaf is also great ‘body fuel’ when training, and is a slow releasing source of energy. Bake this loaf on a sunday, or make it into little cupcakes.
- 2 Large sweet potato’s ( I used one Purple and 1 Orange Jewel)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk/ water/ coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut the sweet potato into pieces and drizzle with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper, roast in the oven until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked and cooled blend with the egg, coconut milk, cinnamon, baking powder, and coconut flours until mixed together.
- Pour batter into a cake or bread tin.
- Bake at 170 Degrees for 30- 50 mins until cooked all the way through
- Slice up and enjoy!
- To increase the amount of protein you can swap the almond meal for pea protein or add additional eggs.
- Sprinkle the loaf with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Add whatever spices you wish, goes amazing with turmeric!
- pop the batter into a cupcake tin
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have