[title-subtitle-heading subtitle=”Warm Your Belly In Winter”]Slow Cooked Red Curry[/title-subtitle-heading]
It is indeed getting a lot colder, so I have whipped out the trusty slow cooker. The slow cooker is the best thing for any time poor people. All my slow cooker recipes take a maximum of 5 minuets to prepare, you switch the machine on, and come home to the amazing aromas of a home cooked meal. I love a good curry so this is my slow cooked red curry.
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2/3 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum chopped
- 500ml of water
- 1/2 head of broccoli chopped
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 5 Chicken thighs/ Tofu/ Tempeh
- 1 cup veggie stock
- Chop all the veggies to similar size chunks (not so small)
- chop up the onion and the leek and fry off with a small bit of coconut oil until brown in a pan and place in the slow cooker
- Add the veggies, protein and coconut milk and veggie stock
- Add the curry paste one spoon at a time, stir and taste (you can always add more)
- Once you have the right amount of spice add some water until the veg and protein are covered 50- 60 % so that they do not dry out
- Mix the veg around with the liquid mixture.
- Place the lid and press the on button.
- Serve with some steamed brown rice or green beans.
This dish is really one to flavour to taste, if you like spice add more curry paste. I also play around with the veg that I put in. Have fun and experiment and let me know how you go.