Short for ideas for a quick and easy lunch or dinner? Well look no further. This raw sushi roll is a versatile and delicious recipe that you can chop up and whip together in no time! This is my go-to lunch recipe that is super nutritious and great for you! It is also very low in carbs, (for those of you watching your intake). Use this recipe as inspiration to throw together your own delicious creations with all your favourite leftovers!
Rocking benefits of superfood sushi
- Nori (the sheets) are a very nutrient rich superfood! Nori is rich in iodine, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, which is great for thyroid health and the immune system,
- Umeboshi Plum: A traditional Japanese pickled plum, that stimulates digestion and helps removes toxins from the body
- Low Carb: Overdone it on bread? we are trading in the sandwich bread for some low cal, highly nutritious nori!
- Lemon Juice: The bitterness of the lemon stimulates digestion!
- Protein: your added choice of protein will help you balance your blood sugar levels and keep you feeling full!
- 2 raw and organic nori sheets (store in the fridge after opening the packet)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 Lemon
- salt & pepper to season
- sliced vegetables of choice (cucumber, carrot, capsicum, snow peas..)
- 1 cup of lettuce/ leaves of choice (spinach, rocket, iceberg)
- 1 tsp Umeboshi plum paste
- a portion of protein (tuna, tempeh, chicken, salmon etc)
- any other additional leftover, nuts and seeds or spices of your liking
- In a small bowl, smash the avocado
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper and set aside
- Lay 1 sheet or nori on a clean table
- Spread some of the Avocado mix in the centre
- Spread a small amount of the Umeboshi
- Top with lettuce, veggies and your choice of protein
- Roll together in a long hand roll – be gentle!
- Cut in half
- Feel free to add your favourite salad dressing, pesto, apple cider vinegar or olive oil to the sushi.
- Feel free to add some rice quinoa or whatever you have lying around.
- Get crazy and creative!
If you love this recipe, share it with your friends