[title-subtitle-heading subtitle=”Nut-Free Energy Balls”]Raw Mint and Spirulina Coconut Truffles[/title-subtitle-heading]
Super excited to share this nut free, dairy free recipe with you. Once again I am playing with my favourite ingredients of coconut, cacao and mint! This recipe is gluten free and paleo and makes for the perfect afternoon snack or work pick-me-up and is very easy to make! Enjoy xx
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons spirulina
- 1 tablespoon linseeds
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon mint essence or a bunch of fresh mint
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup cacao
- Place the shredded coconut, linseeds, spirulina and mint in a blender/food processor/ or a bowl
- Stir/blend until well combined
- Add in the melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup to the mix
- Stir/blend together again until nice and sticky and forms a dough
- Place the mix in a bowl and put in the fridge for 5 mins so that the dough firms up and is not to sticky to work with.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll into balls
- Place the balls onto baking paper and into the freezer for 20 mins.
- Place melted coconut oil in a bowl with the rice malt syrup, salt and vanilla
- Stir until combined
- Gradually add in the cacao, stirring as you pour the powder in
- Mix until well combined
- Take the frozen balls out of the freezer
- Using a spoon place a ball into the mix
- Cover the ball well with the chocolate ganache
- Remove the ball with a spoon and place on baking paper
- Repeat with the rest of the balls, stirring the ganache well between each dip.
- Place all the balls back in the fridge to set
- Enjoy with a smooth cup of tea 🙂
Special thanks to Lara Hotz for mentoring me on how to take better photos of these beauties!