[fancy-title type=”h3″]Raw Choc Mint Slice[/fancy-title]
I am no raw chef by any means so please excuse my presentation. But let me tell you something, this recipe tastes incredible. It is not difficult to make it just takes time and a little love. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
[title-subtitle-heading subtitle=”Ingredients”]What I am made of[/title-subtitle-heading]
- 1 cups of dates pitted and soaked (10 mins)
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1.5 cups of cashews soaked for two hours
- 1/4 cup agave/rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic mint essence
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/4 cup cacao
[title-subtitle-heading subtitle=”Method”]The How![/title-subtitle-heading]
- Bottom: Soak the dates in water then blend to form a paste with a little of the water left. Add to date paste the coconut, almond meal, coconut oil and vanilla. place in the mould and freeze
- Middle: blend together the cashews to make a paste, add the sweetener and mint. Take mould out of the fridge and layer the cashew paste. Place in freezer and leave for 20 mins
- Top: melt the coconut oil and blend together the agave and cacao. Take mould from freezer and top with the raw chocolate blend. Place in freezer for one hour
- Take out of the mould and enjoy cold for ice cream like texture or put in fridge for cake like consistency.
- Please feel free to play around with all the ingredients. Experiment and have fun .
Enjoy, the recipe is quite forgiving, so swap ingredients around just make sure you give it time to set before adding the next layer.
xxx Amy (may the raw choc be with you)