As a yoga teacher a main area people wish to improve on is opening up the hip flexors. Most men in particular struggle with this. For me I am blessed with flexibility but for those of you who struggle with sitting cross legged I urge you to keep going, with time your knees will reach the ground just let gravity do its work. I have a little trick that can help speed up the process
1. Sit with the soles of your feet touching and knees open wide for 60 seconds
2. Place a rectangle shape pillow long ways in between the souls of your feet and hold again for 60 seconds
3. Turn the pillow sideways in between the souls of your feet and hold again for 60 seconds
4. Remove the pillow and join the souls of the feet back together and see how much closer your knees have come to the ground
5. Repeat every time you have the opportunity.