[title-subtitle-heading subtitle=”Perfect After Dinner Treat”]High Protein Mint Slice Bites[/title-subtitle-heading]
My three favourite things in this world are coconut, cinnamon, and mint. So I decided to stick with the theme of mint this week and whip up some healthy high protein snacks for the week. These are so simple to make (recipe makes 8 balls or 5 BIG balls).
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted and soaked for 20 minutes in water (about 8 dates)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 serve brown rice protein
- 1/2 cup of almond meal/ any nut meal
- 1 teaspoon of mint essence
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Cacao
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- Blend the soaked dates together using a bar mix or food processor until it form a paste like texture
(Adding a touch of water if it becomes difficult to blend)
- Add the melted coconut oil and mint essence to the date mix and combine well.
- Throw in the protein, chia seeds, nut meal, cacao, flaxseeds and coconut to the paste and mix until it forms a sticky dough.
- If not sticky add some coconut oil or water or if too watery add some more shredded coconut.
- Roll the mixture into little balls
- Move and roll the balls through a decoration of your choice (crushed nuts, shredded coconut, sesame seeds), I used leftover coconut.
- Place the balls in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
Feel free to play around with the recipe, if you are not a fan of mint leave it out, add more cacao for a stronger chocolate taste but most importantly have fun and experiment.